Hi, my name's Ari. I make cool software in New York City. I work at this sweet startup called Plated. I used to do the models and bottles life at a hedge fund. Oh, and I speak pretty good Chinese, too.
Check out some of what I've done after the jump. Click the images to enlarge.
Node.js & Backbone.js, October 2014
- Node.js map-based chat app
- Runs server with Node, Express, and Socket.io to implement multi-room group local, neighborhood, and remote chat
- Uses HTML5 geolocation to place users on a Mapbox and Leaflet-built map
- Hooks into PostgreSQL database with SQL query builder Knex.js and ORM Bookshelf.js
- Backbone-built event management system allows modular, black-box design
Ruby on Rails & Backbone.js, July 2014
See suggested demo steps here. Be sure to sign in (as demo user) first!
- Rails and Backbone.js-based single-page clone of the popular business news site Quartz with Medium-style blogging features
- Implements site-wide infinite scroll built on top of Kaminari and firing custom SQL queries
- Utilizes Redis to maintain full page-level article cache, refreshing on database changes
- Uses custom-built Markdown-based text editor with live HTML text and image preview, allowing for automated text selection and instantaneous AJAX uploading and rendering
- Live searches and highlights full article text with prioritized PgSearch query
Control ship with arrow keys and fire with spacebar.
- Binds keys with Keymaster.js to implement arctangent-based ship rotation and constant-speed bullet firing
- Fends off enemies with flaming footballs
Control bird with arrow keys.
- Side-scrolling, tropical-themed Flappy Bird clone with custom gravity
- Game difficulty increases with game length
- Maintains scores in PostgreSQL database, querying and updating main content modal with custom jQuery template framework
Ruby on Rails & Bootstrap, May 2014
- Queries NYC Open Data to find free WiFi locations in NYC closest to given address
- Caches Google Geocoding and Distance Matrix API results in database
Ruby on Rails & Backbone, June 2014
- A (very!) light Rails/Backbone clone of the organizer app Trello
Ruby, May 2014
- Graphical, object-oriented, console-based Ruby checkers implementation
- Integrates with custom-built AI for one-level deep board search
Ruby, May 2014
- Graphical, object-oriented, console-based Ruby chess implementation
- Implements AI with open-source chess engine Stockfish binaries